It’s time to shed our winter coats, step out of our hibernation mode and spring into the new season with energy and mindfulness.
Some of us may have overindulged in eating and drinking over the winter, and we may have forgot that to maintain good health, you need to follow a sensible ongoing program of clean eating and daily activities to support your body. Well the clocks have sprung and spring is a time of renewal and rejuvenation, it’s also an ideal time to start eating fresh seasonal food, declutter the mind and develop good habits. It’s a time to set goals whether it is changing your eating habits, working out, or even taking more time for yourself.
After a body, mind spring clean up you may feel improved energy, strength, weight loss, and reduced bloating. Your mind is clear and focused, and even your mood can improve, you will feel and see changes in your body by eliminating toxins, and establishing good habits.
1. Eat whole foods: Eat a whole foods diet that is full of vitamins and minerals and avoid foods that come in a can or box- processed foods. By removing the bad foods and replacing it with whole foods like fruits, vegetables and lean meats, your liver can spend less time breaking down the food additives and more time using the vitamins and minerals to take care of other toxins that we are exposed to. Include liver-supporting foods like Dandelion greens, spinach, parsley, watercress, asparagus, peas, fennel, mustard greens and dark leafy greens such as kale, Swiss Chard, and collards help your body eliminate toxins as the chlorophyll from the leaves feed the blood and liven up our metabolism.
2. Avoid sugar, dairy, gluten, coffee, alcohol and processed foods: These foods are hard to digest and will take the attention of your immune system and other systems needed for detoxing. Drink Lemon Water — Add to a glass of water half a fresh squeezed lemon to your morning routine. The lemon juice helps cleanse the liver and aides its ability to remove toxins and fats from the body. Continue drinking lots of water throughout the day.
3. Move your body: A regular movement practice aids the body in detoxification through increasing circulation. Walk, bike, dance, do yoga, run, or skip. Get outside and go hiking, take a Tai Chi class, it will improve muscular strength, flexibility, immunity, and can help relieve pain – all while achieving a sense of peace and serenity.
4. Aromatherapy Massage: Massage and hydrotherapy, promote circulation and can restore an energetic balance to your body. which is even more pronounced in spring, when you may have an imbalance of stored toxins, and stagnation in the body. Aromatherapy Massage can balance, stimulate, relax and rejuvenate.
5. Get Some Rest: During a Spring cleanse, it’s very important to get proper rest in order for our bodies to repair itself over night. Get to bed early, you will feel better for it.
Are you ready to get your detox on this spring?