The executive chef at Old Mill Toronto is sharing two popular summer menu ideas, that are easy to prepare and delicious! You will have your guests wanting more.
CRACKED WHEAT SALAD – Serves 2
Cracked Wheat – 3 1/2 cups
Raisins – 1 cup
Dried Cranberries – 1 cup
Sunflower Seeds – 1 cup
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cider Vinegar – 1/2 cup
Green Onions – 2 bunches
Roasted Peppers – 1/2 cup
Salt & Pepper – to taste
1.For each cup of cracked wheat you will need 2 cups of water
2. Bring water to a boil, add cracked wheat.
3. Lower temperature to a gentle simmer
4. Let simmer for 15 minutes
Once cracked wheat is cooked (soft enough to eat) and cooled down, add raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds, sugar, cider vinegar, green onion, roasted julienne peppers, salt & pepper to taste.
BLUEBERRY AND POMEGRANATE ELIXIR -Serves 2
Fresh Blueberries – 1/2 pint
Pomegranate juice – 3/4 cup
Orange Juice – 3/4 cup
Fresh Ginger – Tsp
1. Add Pomegranate juice, fresh blueberries and orange juice into blender
2. Peel the skin off the ginger
3. Add a teaspoon of ginger to blender
4. Add crushed ice to blender
5. Blend until blueberries are mixed well with juices
DECOR & MATERIALS
Branches: Used in their natural form, branches make the perfect Ceremony or Reception table decor. Hanging colored ornaments from the branches is a elegant decor touch and your guests can take them home afterwards as keepsakes.
Leaves, Rocks & Acorns: Scatter them on the middle of your tables to add a splash of color and texture and save on overlays and runners and the soap and water that would go into washing them afterwards.
Candles: Soy and Beeswax are definitely the eco-friendly way to go. Avoid candles made with petroleum by-products along with lead based wicks.
Flowers: Use flowers that are in season and local or where possible, organic. Flowers made of enviro-friendly man made materials are also a great option. These materials include: Hemp, Wool, Organic Cotton, Soy Silk and Bamboo. Potted plants/flowers (annuals) make great center-pieces and can later be planted in your guest’s gardens to enjoy year after year.
Plantable Paper:From invitations to favor tags, this paper will add a rustic look to your special day and you can rest easy knowing that this paper can be planted to eventually turn into compost. Emailing invitations and creating a web-site with your wedding details including the details of the venue will also reduce your carbon footprint.
Instead of another decorative dust collector, opt to donate that money to charities that support the environment; greatergood.org, WWF and the David Suzuki organization…to name a few. If you like the idea of giving your guests a gift, bamboo coasters and frames are a nice idea and gentle to the earth.
ATTIRE & TRANSPORTATION
*Hemp, Wool, Organic Cotton, Soy Silk and Bamboo are materials that can be used in your attire.
* Transportation can be difficult and by hosting your ceremony & reception in the same place, you will save time on planning and spend less gas and other transportation costs.
Many of these ideas, can not only be found in your own backyard but they aid in preserving our earth, and save you money .
BETA-CAROTENE – is converted into VITAMIN A or retinol in the body, this powerful antioxidant is required for normal growth and renewal of skin cells, also helps smooth out skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
VITAMIN B – plays a critical role in skin appearance by rebuilding and repairing skin tissue. They also generate te energy required to keep cells working and oxygenate the skin.
VITAMIN C – One of the most important for enhancing the overall appearance of skin because it increases the production of collagen (the substance that provides skin with it’s youthful resilience), improving skin elasticity and helping reduce ongoing collagen damage that leads to wrinkles.
VITAMIN E – is a fat-soluble antioxidant that counteracts premature aging by protecting cellular membrans from damage and genetic mutation.
VITAMIN D – serves as a powerful antioxidant by destroying the action of free radicals that are harmful for body and skin. This prevents premature aging and reduction of age spots.
Another great way to receive the benefits of these vitamins is a Intraceutical facial at the Spa. This oxygen facial uses Vitamins A,C,E, aloe vera and hyloronic acid which will give your skin a youthful glow.
The biggest problem that I see amongst businesses today is that they’re looking for prospects in all the wrong places. If you’re looking for more prospects one of the places that you script should consider is where everyone it’s. Where is everyone? On Google.
This article will decide what are the things that you need to do to get yourself found in the organic listing side of Google so that you don’t have to pay for traffic. And, all you need is good search engine optimization training. Does that make sense? Of course.
It essentially comes down to a couple of points number one do you have to original unique and valuable content on your website and number two is there corroborating evidence that you have good content based on the number of other websites that are linking to you.
- The first thing you want to do is make sure that you find good keyword phrases in order to be found on the Google search engine. The best way to do this is to find keyword phrases that get a lot of searches but have a low amount of competition. There is only one place in the entire universe to get that information. Where is it? There is a product called market samurai. That product is your most valuable resource to find good keyword places on planet Earth. Without market samurai you might as well be trying to scale Mount Everest without hiking boots. And, good search engine optimization training.
- Taking your keyword phrase and putting it online on your website using good context requires very powerful skills. It’s easy to do but only if you know how to do it. The best way that I found to get content online without having to pay a web designer is to use a content management system like WordPress. WordPress is easily and far away the most powerful free software on planet Earth just like market samurai. It is vérité help you get content online without having to pay anyone. And for those of you that think there are any limitations to WordPress think again. WordPress can do anything and more that your local web designer can do.
- Once you have your content online then it becomes a matter of getting to systems at play in order to show up in Google search results. You have to have a very powerful system to build back links to your website and you have to use social media tools tips and resources in order to find the most powerful places to market your original content.