In November The Girls Great Escape enjoyed this dish for lunch at the Old Mill Toronto, so much so they asked us to share the recipe with everyone!
This recipe feeds 8 to 10 people
- Minced Garlic 2 Tbsp
- Minced Ginger 2 Tbsp
- Cumin Ground 1 Tbsp
- Nutmeg Ground ½ Tsp
- Cinnamon Ground 2 Tsp
- Tumeric Ground ½ Tsp
- Chili Powder 2 Tbsp
- Coriander Powder 4 Tbsp
- Cardamom 2 Tbsp
- Coconut Milk 1 can 437 ml
- Yogurt ½ Cup
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Paprika 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice 2 oz
- Chick Peas – 3 litres (approx 1 large can)
- Tomatoes 3 litres
- Tofu 30 oz Diced
- Tandoori Paste 2 Tbsp
- Curry Powder 2 Tbsp
- Canola Oil 8 oz
1. In a large sauté pan add 6 oz oil.
2. Saute onion, ginger, garlic until the onion is translucent (about 4 minutes)
3. Add tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes
4. Add Spices, let cook for another 10 minutes
5. Add chick peas and diced tofu
6. Let simmer for another 20 minutes.
7. Stir occasionally
8. Add yogurt and coconut milk. Simmer for another 10 minutes
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This particular dish can be served with the side of your choice. We have done it with saffron basmati rice. You can also serve with warm naan bread or on its own.